No Products in the Cart
Valentine's Day has always been a special holiday in our family. Start with heart-shaped pancakes and pink milk, served on personalized placemats of course. It's an easy way to get everyone in the spirit of a day that celebrates love! Celebrate with your little sweeties by making one of our kid-friendly family crafts. These super easy pipe cleaner heart flowers are great for kids as young as preschool!
Pipe Cleaner Heart Flowers
1. Wrap your first red pipe cleaner around the pencil to make a tight coil.
2. Repeat with second red pipe cleaner.
3. Bend the third red pipe cleaner into a check mark shape with the short end about 1/2" longer than one coil. (You might have to help younger kids to get the right proportion.)
4. Slip one coil onto the shorter end of the check mark and gently push down into the V point. Slip the second coil on to the longer end of the check mark and gently push down into the V point.
5. Bend into a heart shape by holding the V and bending each side down. This part can be a little tricky, so you may need to help until they get the hang of it!
6. Twist shorter end around longer end to secure, and gently re-shape into a heart shape.
7. Cut leaf out of green felt using template. (Detailed instructions are found in the printable template above.)
8. Cut green pipe cleaner in half and bend into a V shape.
9. Wrap green pipe cleaner around center of felt leaf and twist.
10. Wrap around a single flower, or make a whole bouquet and hold them together with a leaf or 2.
This is so creative, simple and fun. Thank you so much!